Thursday, November 26, 2020

Book Cover Review: Last Girls Alive

 I don't know why I never thought about doing this before, but eeks I'm about to enter the world of book covers critique. Let me point out that I don't think there are book cover critique experts out there; everyone sees things differently, but I thought I would give it a go with this first one - LAST GIRLS ALIVE by Jennifer Chase.



Oh...drool! For one thing, I love turquoise. It has to be my absolutely favorite color, but let me tell you why I love this cover. The leaf stem over top the book title yet not covering it up. I don't know why more book cover designers don't use this technique; maybe they do but it really adds dimension. The locket I'm figuring it has to have symbolism. Oh crimey I bet it has to do with the last girls alive wherever that might be? 

Let me tell you, too - the author Jennifer Chase is no stranger to writing thrillers and mystery novels. Last Girls Alive is the fourth book in the Detective Katie Scott series. The other three in the series include Little Girls Sleeping, Her Last Whisper and Flowers On Her Grave.

She also has another series - The Emily Stone series which include Compulsion, Dead Game, Dark Mind, Dead Burn, Dark Pursuit and Dead Cold.

But, wait there's more. Silent Partner and Body of the Crime. And more which you can check out on Jennifer Chase's Amazon Page. Very prolific author. 

This cover is definitely a 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment