Thursday, April 9, 2020

Q&A with Sheila Roberts Author of BEACHSIDE BEGINNINGS

Best-selling author Sheila Roberts has seen her books published in a dozen different languages and made into movies for both the Hallmark and Lifetime channels. She’s happily married and lives in the Pacific Northwest. When she’s not hanging out with girlfriends, speaking to women’s groups or going dancing with her husband she can be found writing about those things near and dear to women’s hearts: family, friends, and chocolate.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:









Tell us about your book! What is it about and what inspired you to write it?

I love this book. It’s one of my Moonlight Harbor novels so it’s set at the beach. What’s not to like about that? This is a book about starting over. My main heroine, Moira Wellman has left an abusive relationship and has escaped to the beach town of Moonlight Harbor. Moira is a stylist and an expert on hair color. I turns out she’s also pretty good at inspiring some of the other women in town to get out there and live their best lives. The book is getting good reviews and I’m hoping readers will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Tell us about your publishing process. What was it like? Did you go indie or the traditional way?

I’m a traditional author with Harlequin’s Mira imprint and very happy there. So many people at that company work very hard to bring their author’s stories to people all around the world.

How did you choose the title for your book? Did it come to you right away, before you started writing it, or did it come later?

You know, I can’t remember what the original title was. Something similar to the end product. Authors don’t always get to keep their original titles – a lot of people from editors to the marketing department weight in on finding a title that will do justice to the story.

Tell us about the cover design process. Did you have a basic idea of what your book cover would be like? 

This is something that pretty much gets left to the art department. I may share thoughts but in the end I don’t make the final decision. Of course, I see the covers and can have input, but that’s not my area of expertise so I’m happy to let the artists design my covers. I love the covers my publisher designs for me!

Who is your cover designer and how did you find him/her?

Designers! It’s a team. J

How was your experience working with the designer?

As I said, I’m very happy with the job the wonderful people at Mira do for me. They always give me charming covers. Let me tell you, I spend a lot of time staring dreamily at those covers when my editor first sends them for me to look it.

What has been the readers’ response to your cover?

I think readers like the covers. I suppose one of the proofs is if a reader buys your book. A lot of us are drawn to what we see on the cover of a book and will pick it up.

What tips would you give to authors who are looking for a cover designer?

Look at the work that designer has done for other authors. If like what the designer has done for them you’ll probably like what the designer does for you.

Anything else you’d like to say about your book?

Buy it. LOL!
Thanks for having me.

 





Moira Wellman has always loved makeovers—helping women find their most beautiful selves. Funny how it’s taken her five years with her abusive boyfriend, Lang, to realize she needs a life makeover. When Moira finally gets the courage to leave Lang, the beachside town of Moonlight Harbor is the perfect place to start over.

Soon Moira is right at home, working as a stylist at Waves Salon, making new friends, saving her clients from beauty blunders and helping the women of Moonlight Harbor find new confidence as well as new looks. When she meets a handsome police officer, she’s more than willing to give him a free haircut. Maybe even her heart. But is she really ready for romance after Lang? And what if her new friend is in hot pursuit of that same cop? This is worse than a bad perm. Life surely can’t get any more difficult. Or can it?

With all the heart and humor readers have come to expect from a Sheila Roberts novel, Beachside Beginnings is the story of one woman finding the courage to live her best life. And where better to live it than at the beach?

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/37OSdw6

 Barnes & Noble → https://bit.ly/35CrilM


No comments:

Post a Comment