Tuesday, June 15, 2021

❀Q&A on Book Covers with W.L. Brooks Author of THE TRUTH BEHIND THE MASK❀ #TheTruthBehindtheMask #bookcovers


 W.L. Brooks was born with an active imagination.  When characters come into her mind, she has to give them a life- a chance to tell their stories. With a coffee cup in her hand and a cat by her side, she spends her days letting the ideas flow onto paper.  A voracious reader, she draws her inspiration from mystery, romance, suspense and a dash of the paranormal.

A native of Virginia Beach, she is currently living in Western North Carolina. Pick up her latest novel, Unearthing the Past – available now!

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK

 

 

Tell us about your book! What is it about and what inspired you to write it? 


The Truth Behind the Mask is the fourth novel in my romantic suspense McKay Series, and this book is all about Alexandra McKay. After getting to know this character throughout previous installments, I couldn’t wait to write her story.

 

Tell us about your publishing process. What was it like? Did you go indie or the traditional way? 


I’ve been lucky enough to have my series published by The Wild Rose Press. But, with every manuscript, I’ve prepared a query letter, synopsis, and had the first chapter ready before I even began submitting it. Every publisher and or agent has different guidelines for submission, so be sure to check what they require before you send anything out.  

 

How did you choose the title for your book? Did it come to you right away, before you started writing it, or did it come later? 


I usually come up with my title after the manuscript is finished but before I submit it for contract. I brainstorm with a friend, throwing title ideas back and forth, then out of the ether comes the title.

 

Tell us about the cover design process. Did you have a basic idea of what your book cover would be like?

 

I tend to have a pretty good idea for what I want on my cover, but this time I was drawing a blank. Luckily, once I came up with the title, the idea for the cover just clicked.

 

Who is your cover designer and how did you find him/her? 


Kim Mendoza, an artist with my publisher, created the cover for this book, and she did an amazing job.

 

How was your experience working with the designer? 


We didn’t work together directly, but she took what I had envisioned and gave it life.

 

What has been the readers’ response to your cover? 


People seem to like it.

 

What tips would you give to authors who are looking for a cover designer? 


Look at the cover designer's previous work, see if their vibe matches yours, and be as open with them as you can.

 

Anything else you’d like to say about your book?


This is probably my favorite book in my McKay series thus far. 


Book Info:

Is Alexandra McKay the reason her sister Fletcher left town? Yes. Does that mean Alex wants to put her life on hold to bring the little beast back? No! But when she discovers her sister’s been abducted, Alex will do whatever it takes to rescue her.

Giving up his PI gig was tough, but Jake Keller would rather do that any day than partner up with Alexandra McKay. Unfortunately, if he wants to find his friend Fletcher, he has to work with Her Royal Pain-in-the-Behind-ness. Hot or not, the woman makes his jaw twitch.

Forced together by circumstance, and ensnared in a web of clues, the pair submit to their undeniable passion. But if they’re unwilling to face the truth, they will risk not only Fletcher’s life but their own chance at happiness.

ORDER YOUR COPY BELOW

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3xIHFN2


No comments:

Post a Comment