Thursday, October 10, 2024

Book Cover Junkie Interviews Memoirist Terese Luikens

 

Terese Luikens has been married for forty-four years to the same man, although she is on her third wedding ring, having lost one and worn out another. She lives in Sandpoint, Idaho, enjoys being mother to three grown sons and grandmother to her much-loved grandchildren. She is the author of A Heart’s Journey to Forgiveness, a Memoir of her inspiring journey of emotional healing from her father’s suicide. She facilitates retreats and workshops focusing on forgiveness, and publishes her own blog, Why Bother? 

You can visit her website at www.tereseluikens.com.

 Interview:

 Tell us about your book! What inspired you to write it?


I was inspired to write my book because the story stored itself in my head for several years, just waiting for me to write it down. 

 How did you choose the title for your book? Did it come to you right away, before you started writing it, or did it come later?

When I first began writing my book, I titled it, Snapshots. Then, a friend suggested the title, A Heart’s Journey to Forgiveness. I liked her idea a whole lot better! 

Tell us about the cover design process. Did you have a basic     idea of what your book cover would be like? 

I searched through photos online and found the present cover for my book, but it had a woman sitting cross legged in the middle of the road with her back to the camera. I tried connecting with the artist to get permission to use their photo, but to no avail. Then I saw the same photo on a free marketplace website, but without the woman sitting in the middle of the road. I decided I liked that photo better and used it. 

Who is your cover designer and how did you find him/her?

I published through Redemption Press. So all I had to do was to send them the photo. They sent me a few options as to where I wanted the title and my name placed. It wasn’t too complicated. 

 What has been the readers’ response to your cover?

My readers really like the cover because it matches the title so well. 

What tips would you give to authors who are looking for a cover designer?

Look until you find what really resonates with you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment