Sunday, August 20, 2023

Book Cover Junkie Interviews Christian Thriller Author Linda Armstrong-Miller

Linda Armstrong-Miller has worked in the medical field for over twenty years. In that time she has worked as a counselor, registered nurse in the emergency room, ICU, Recovery Room, and she has worked with children placed in psychiatric hospitals. She understands when a family is in crisis and she has been with them during their time of distress, depression, anxiety and difficulty. She believes in God and uses her belief as well as her experience when writing. Blood and Water is her second book published. Touched is her first book. Currently she is working on a young adult trilogy.

Website: http://www.lindaarmstrongmillerauthor.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/lindaam1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100039732613292
 
Interview:

Tell us about your book! What inspired you to write it?

Blood and Water deals with loss, family conflict, trauma and tragedy, but it does have a


happy ending. My work as a registered nurse and counselor inspired me to write it.

How did you choose the title for your book? Did it come to you right away, before you started writing it, or did it come later?

Conflict is like blood and water. The two can’t mix. Hurt and pain will bring blood eventually. The title came to me after the story came to me.

Tell us about the cover design process. Did you have a basic idea of what your book cover would be like? 

I did have an idea. I told my publisher what I wanted and they came up with my beautiful cover.

Who is your cover designer and how did you find him/her?

The wonderful people at Dorrance were good at listening to me when it came to everything about my book. I enjoyed working with them. I have heard readers love the book and that it is fast paced.

What has been the readers’ response to your cover?

People have liked it. It’s the first thing they comment on. Then they say, I can’t believe you wrote a book!

What tips would you give to authors who are looking for a cover designer?

Just to be specific. If they are working with a publisher talk to them, keep communicating.

Anything else you’d like to say about your book? 

Just that I hope everyone enjoys the cover. Afterwords, open it and enjoy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment